Re: [Evolution] koi8-r as default encoding in from/to headers

On Fri, 2015-09-18 at 21:05 +0300, Vitaly Vlasov wrote:
Right now i have
LANG=ru_RU.UTF-8 and
LC_* (except LC_ALL and LC_MESSAGES) = ru_RU.UTF-8

It should be ru_RU.utf8 (without the hyphen)

But actually I don't think that makes any difference.

Try running evolution under a locale something like en_US.utf8 - i.e.
do

  LANG=en_US.utf8 evolution

at a command prompt.  Make sure all other instances of evolution are
shutdown first though. (All your text will be in English now, I hope
that's not a problem!)

I can certainly make the headers have koi8-r encoding by changing the
locale to ru_RU.koi8r or ru_RU.utf8

I believe that Evolution, like most other programs, doesn't deal with
mime encoding itself, but will just pass it of to system functions - so
I don't think it will be a "bug" in Evolution as such.

P.