Re: [Evolution] Can evolution show the count of unseen emails?

On Fri, 2015-10-30 at 14:46 -0200, Jorge wrote:
Hi.  I have IMAP access to a shared mailbox that has 51 unread
emails.
I will not immediately read every old unread email; I will gradually
read some of them. But I want to notice every new email, and the
unread count is not user-friendly in this situation because I would
need to constantly monitor the unread count (which will change as I
read emails), remember the last value, and notice when it increases.
So I would like Evolution to show the number of unseen emails (emails
that have arrived since I last opened that folder), like Claws Mail
does.  Is it possible?

Evolution does that in your desktop environment's "You have new mail"
notifications.
If that's not enough you could use flags or such instead of (ab)using
the unread status as "todo", or move such old unread emails to
different (sub)folders.

andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net