Re: [Evolution] Backup Evolution Data .. only works for "On This Computer"?

On Mon, 2015-10-19 at 19:06 +0200, Milan Crha wrote:
On Mon, 2015-10-19 at 16:13 +0000, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
I trying to save all my Exchange mails(using EWS) to local disk and tried using
"Backup Evolution Data" but the resulting file is only a few KB's so obviously
it didn't work.

      Hi,
the backup skips caches, and as the evolution-ews account is only a
local copy of the remote data, thus everything is stored in the cache,
then those are skipped from the backup.

So I figured I could use "Copy Folder to" each folder from Exchange account
to "On This Computer" but then I lost the "Received" date as Evo rewrites
the date.

Interesting, I didn't know that. The Received column date is derived
from Received headers, or I always thought it is, but even for messages
which do have the Received header the Received column is populated with
the date which corresponds to the date when the message was added into
an On This Computer folder.
That feels like a bug in the Maildir provider [1]. For example MBOX
(spool) provider doesn't suffer of this and derives the Received time
from the message headers.

Yes it does feel like a bug, Date does not suffer from this bug though.
One annoying "feature" using "Copy Folder To" is that I can mark my toplevel
Folders dir. but I cannot select "On This Computer" to store it on the same
level.

I would be happy to test a patch fixing the Received bug as we soon will
have limited storage in Exchange and I want to store a local copy before that happens.

  Jocke