[Evolution] calendar timeout? -

evolution 3.16.0 on ubuntu 15.04

Morning,

frequently, I'm experiencing problems with the CalDAV calendar and
Address book implementation.

First - daily evo displays a timeout message saying something like
"unable to connect with the server", especially after system boot.
This is about Address book and calendar.

Yesterday, I tried to create a calendar entry Dec, 28 2015 to Jan, 01,
 2016. Several times, I got a message like (originally in German):
"Calendar object cannot be created. Unexpected HTTP status code was
returned at the address "timeout with input/output operations at the
socket". Afterwards, evo was stuck completely and had to be killed.
This happened 5 times. Later, the calendar entry went through.

Evo seems to have communication problems with the CalDAV server -
which works fine with my Android phone. Could it be a good idea to
make timeouts longer - or find another way to make evo more tolerant
against server communication problems?

Cheers,
Wolf