Re: [Evolution] Slow IMAP Message Parse

On Wed, 2015-05-20 at 19:34 +0100, Neil Romig wrote:
I am running a Courier IMAP mail server and have decided to install
Fedora 22 (pre-release) and try to use Evolution for
mail/contacts/calendar rather than Thunderbird.
I have a problem with one of my Inbox sub-folders which I use to store
a particular sender's mail. These messages are all short messages with
a MIME encoded csv file attached of approx size 1MB. When I click on a
message in this folder Evolution takes maybe five minutes to respond -
the status bar says "Parsing message" and it is using 100% CPU during
this time.
I have tried running with CAMEL_DEBUG but I don't understand the
output well enough - though there are timeout messages at the points
where Evolution is hanging.
Also, the message pane shows the attachment icon/paperclip before the
message is loaded (as I would expect), though once it has been loaded
the attachment icon is no longer shown (which I don't expect).
Thunderbird has no problems with these messages.
Can someone help out with this problem please?

Not unless you a) say what version of Evolution this is, and b) give and
example of a failing message. Posting the CAMEL_DEBUG output would also
be important (but please don't dump 100's of lines of debug messages
directly to the list; use a pastebin service).

poc