Re: [Evolution] endless "Error while Filtering new message in INBOX" errors

On Tue, 2015-05-12 at 11:12 +0200, Petr Danecek wrote:
- The rule which triggers the error is "Recipient/CC is/contains". If
I turn it off or change to "Mailing List is/contains", the errors are
gone.

        Hi,
I second Pete's response, I only want to add a little more information:

Try to decrease concurrent connections in account Preferences. The
default is like 3, decrease it to 1, thus there will not be any
fighting who's gonna download the message first (the "empty case file"
error happened when there were multiple threads trying to download one
message at the same time).

Using both 'Recipient' and 'CC' filter is redundant. The 'Recipient'
checks To and CC headers, while the 'CC' checks the CC header only.

If you use 'Sender or Recipients', then evolution 3.16.1 has a change
in that filter. It used to check From, To, CC and Bcc headers, but
because the Bcc header is not available in the message summary it
always downloaded the whole messages to check it. The 3.16.1+ doesn't
check Bcc header with this filter, thus it can run the filter with
local summary information of the message, without downloading it.
        Bye,
        Milan