[Evolution] View Group By Threads

Hi,

take a look at the thread/s with the subject "GPG Auto download pub
keys".

https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2015-May/thread.html

mentions "<Possible follow-ups>".

Claws, the other MUA I'm using, shows this as a single thread.

Evo does split it into two threads.

Technically Evo does the right thing, since Pitt's mail neither has
got a 'In-Reply-To', nor a 'References' in the header. But when I
reread the thread using Evo, I need to activate a "GPG Auto" search.
Without this 'filter' I wouldn't find the first mails, since the Evo
list doesn't has got it's own folder.

IMO the way the archive and Claws handle it, is better than the way
Evo does.

Btw. if I switch from sort by date to sort by subject, while thread
view is disabled, Evo sometimes lose the focus of the selected mail,
so that the sort is rendered useless, since scrolling unlikely does
help.

Regards,
Ralf

OT: If I type the list address into the "To" input field, Evo does not
automatically change my mail account from the default account to the
one used for this list. It works flawlessly if I reply to mails sent
from the list.