Re: [Evolution] WebCal import fails

On Tue, 2015-05-05 at 00:07 +0200, Jay Strict wrote:
The first 3 lines of the .ics file are:

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
VERSION:2.0
PRODID:-//dhtmlXScheduler//NONSGML v2.2//EN

So I assume it is an iCal v2.0 file with malformed entries.

        Hi,
that's correct, they claim to be version 2.0, but the content is
malformed.

The calendar is semi-private, but I can send the entire file in a
private email if that matters to you.

Interestingly, saving the file and adding it as a custom On This
Computer calendar shows the events (with a newly added UIDs by the
backend).

(Like the one with the two arrows (left-right) which is currently
displayed for all my calendars and for which I don't know the
meaning.)

It's the connection state of the calendar, whether it's connected
and/or reachable. I agree that the change to the two-arrows icon is
confusing for me too.

Clicking or hovering over the icon should then display a message like
"Malformed iCal file. This calendar may be displayed incompletely.
Please see logfiles for a detailed description."

Anything like that may require API changes.

As the local backend can cope with missing UIDs, I guess the read-only
On The Web backend can safely add missing UIDs as well.
        Bye,
        Milan