Re: [Evolution] Edit an existing email?

On Wed, 2015-03-11 at 23:49 +0000, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
On Wed, 2015-03-11 at 20:46 +0000, Emilio Recio wrote:
Hello, the way around is to copy the email you want to annotate (it could be your or someone else's
email)
to your draft folder. After copying it there, open the email you just copied. You should then be set to
"Edit as new..." as the feature from Thunderbird.

Sure but I should not have to. I really would like to see this feature in a future release.

It makes no sense to do this. As others have said, you can create a new
message by editing an old one, but it's a *new message*. Being able to
edit an old message is a can of worms. Are you going to edit all the
copies everyone else received? How about editing a message sent by
someone else? Are you going to change the copy they have on their own
mailstore? How about a message that's digitally signed?

Maybe what you actually want is not exactly what you said, but I for one
am at a loss to understand what your point is.

poc