Re: [Evolution] Places where Evolution stores its data

Am Freitag, den 29.05.2015, 06:54 -0400 schrieb Adam Tauno Williams:
On Thu, 2015-05-28 at 20:25 +0200, Tom wrote:
I've just happened to take a look at the places for Evolution mail
and I
don't know what I shall think of it. What I see there is OK in your
opinion - or more simply: Has anybody seen something similar before?

Similar to what?  Nothing Evolution done is particularly unique; and it
is a private data application store... so it is ONLY a concern for the
application.  Stay out of there.

From time to time I take the liberty to throw a scrutiny at all that's
mine, even if it's leased to third party ;-)

Perhaps I would have been supposed to format the output a little more so
that it gets more striking. For me it was striking enough to write it
for you: a folder has approximately the 300-fold size of the rest :-O
So I meant: Similar to the following -->
(... lots of entries with   SIZE ...)
drwx------  4 thomas thomas 4,0K Jun 14 14:55 1420542095 9361 4 ga-78/
drwx------  3 thomas thomas 1,3M Jun 14 15:15 1420635858 9770 2 ga-78/
drwx------  4 thomas thomas 4,0K Jun 14 14:23 1425977221 3489 2 ga-78/
(the other half with size of^^^^)

I wouldn't like to format the mail - hope you nevertheless see the
runaway. It is 10 IMAP accounts and 1 NNTP account, that seems to
store
meta data and cache on at least
thomas ga-78:~/.local/share/evolution/mail/1420635858 9770 2 ga-78$
find
wc -l
23737 newsgroups. I'm subscribed to 5 (FIVE) of them. Did Evolution
store the whole server ?

Depends on what options are selected.

There were not (m)any options to select. Only thing I remember that I
selected the short notation of the names in the tree.
What do you have in mind here ? Where should I have a look at ?

What is your opinion on that ?

If you want to index or SPAM score, etc... you need the entire message,
so the entire message is downloaded.

Please keep in mind that I found these immense numbers in the directory
for the nntp account - so it's usenet what I'm talking about ...