From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf mardorf rocketmail com>
To: evolution-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Evolution] WebKit editor undo problems
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 19:51:27 +0200

On Thu, 2015-06-11 at 11:42 -0600, Zan Lynx wrote:
On 06/11/2015 11:23 AM, John Lauterbach wrote:
Today's business e-mails are the equivalent of typewritten
business
letters of the past.  They need to be formatted correctly and
look
professional.

That's the best argument to use plain text.

Then using HTML is a bad idea.

+1

It's possible to format plain text too, doing __things__ like
__this__.
       You easily can indent text.

And you can draw

        ac switch
~ o──┬─o/ o──────────────)│(
      │                  )│(
      o ground switch    )│
       \o────┐           )│(
      o      ┴ C 50n     )│(
      │      ┬   600V    )│(
      │      ground      )│

assumed you and the receivers are sane/professional and using a
fixed
space font.

Plain text is much better, when something should be professional.