Re: [Evolution] Evolution migration from Computer to Notebok Part1

On Fri, 2015-07-10 at 11:21 +0200, rabre hispeed ch wrote:
Hello at all,

Is synchronizing via a RJ45 cable X possible?
Sometimes I need my e-mails, contacts, calendars and notes on my
laptop because I'm on the road.

How do I transfer the computer backup entirely on my notebook now?

The Evolution backup facility is NOT designed to keep multiple copies
of your mail in sync with each other. It's only meant to be used when
you're moving your installation to a new system. You can copy the
tar.gz file if like, but as Pete said already (and I concur) this is
probably going to give you trouble at some point down the road if
you're not extremely careful. And then you're on your own.

poc