Re: [Evolution] indefinite network connection timeouts, again

On Thu, 2015-07-09 at 12:48 -0400, Eugene Kanter wrote:
I have an update on this very annoying bug. The problem is
reproducible
when more then approximately 10-11 IMAP+ accounts are defined. I have
about 15 in my configuration and as long as total number of enabled
accounts is less then some number (I have 10 IMAP+ and 1 POP3 account
right now) the evolution starts fine. If I add any IMAP account to
this
working set (or remove one and add two others) evolution does not
start
in online mode and waits indefinitely.

Could be an issue in an underlying library, your network, your
firewall, or your ISP.

Have you tried setting the "number of concurrent connections to use" on
each IMAP account to 1 or 2?  Otherwise you are talking about N*X
connections [where N is the number of accounts and X is the conurrency
setting].  N*X might get you rate limited or hitting some ceiling.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam whitemice org> GPG D95ED383