Re: [Evolution] Problems getting to Gmail

On Tue, 2015-07-07 at 07:06 +0200, Milan Crha wrote:
On Mon, 2015-07-06 at 00:24 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
Still can't change it to what I want though.

      Hi,
the corresponding module in evolution-data-server uses
PresentationIndentity property of the GOA account for the UI, as the
documentation suggests. There is no place to change this in GOA
currently. You can edit it at ~/.config/goa-1.0/accounts.conf with
goa-daemon not running. Briefly looking around, the module also uses
this PresentationIdentity as an e-mail address in case of the
Exchange
Web Services accounts configured in GOA, which doesn't feel right.

I have never used Exchange and hope never to have to, so that doesn't
matter to me.

I stopped goa-daemon and shutdown Evo, then made the change. It made no
difference, i.e. Evo is still showing the address and not the
PresentationIdentity.

In any case, I do not know what would make more sense. Either the
account name in the evolution will be kept in sync with the account
name in the GOA (thus it'll be the GOA responsibility to allow name
changes), or the account name will be configurable directly in the
evolution.

My biew is that if GOA is used to configure the account then it should
control the name. Possibly Evo could also do it, but only by
interacting with GOA (if that's possible).

poc