Re: [Evolution] Automatically downloading all e-mails from IMAP server

Am Dienstag, den 20.01.2015, 13:01 +0100 schrieb Francesco Turco:
On Tue, 2015-01-20 at 11:52 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Tue, 2015-01-20 at 12:36 +0100, Francesco Turco wrote:
I have Evolution 3.12.10. I'd like to automatically download all e-mails
from my IMAP server every time I run Evolution, but the Send/Receive
button doesn't do that. It just downloads new e-mails, not old ones. I
need this for backup reasons. I read somewhere I have to use OfflineIMAP
together with Evolution. Is this true? Thank you.

It's not necessary (though it is possible if you prefer it that way).

Otherwise, set:

File->Preferences-><account>->Receiving Options->Automatically
Synchronize Remote Mail Locally.

I enabled that option in Evolution and then tried again with
Send/Receive, but it didn't start synchronizing emails. I even tried
with "Download messages for offline usage" and then "Work offline", to
no avail. Same messages couldn't be read offline. What should I do
exactly?

Set up a filter for incoming mails to copy or move them to your local
account (after your other filters have run).

--
thomas