Re: [Evolution] bogofilter integration

On Wed, 2015-01-14 at 13:11 -0500, Paul Smith wrote:
On Wed, 2015-01-14 at 17:36 +0100, Milan Crha wrote:
I would revert part, or whole, commit [1]. If I read it properly, then
the only reason is to get the bogofilter path during configure,
instead of having it hard-coded.
   https://git.gnome.org/browse/evolution/commit/?id=b46da7735a5f58c34

I think the idea here is fine, it's just overzealous.  We always need to
remember that the system we build on may not be the system we run on,
and just because a program is not available at build time doesn't mean
we can't look for it later.

I'll send a patch that loosens these requirements slightly.

Actually, looking at this more it seems like you can set the BOGOFILTER
environment variable to any value and it's used verbatim without
checking if it exists.

So it should be sufficient to configure Evo with:

  BOGOFILTER=/usr/bin/bogofilter ./configure ...

and this will DTRT even if /usr/bin/bogofilter does not actually exist
when you configure and build Evo.

At least, as far as I can tell.