Re: [Evolution] Categories in Evo/EWS

On Fri, 2015-01-09 at 08:11 +0100, Milan Crha wrote:
On Thu, 2015-01-08 at 18:30 +0000, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:

How can edit this field and how to see what categories Def Global Address List has(read from EWS)?

        Hi,
not every backend (address book) supports all fields evolution can edit, thus those which are not supported
are disabled in UI. If you cannot edit it, then the evolution-ews doesn't support it,
thus neither reads anything from the server with categories.

OK, I was hoping I to get a list of rooms in the Calendar Attendees dialog?
Perhaps there should a Type(Individual, Group, Resource, Room, Unknown) selector instead?

Can I also ask what the difference between GAL and Def Global Address is ? My GAL is empty

I'm sorry, I do not understand. The Contacts view in evolution shows all found address books on the server,
as provided by evolution-ews. One should be named 'Global Address List'. I'm not aware of
any 'Def Global Address' address book, never heard about it.

Def is short for Default, this is the Global Address List we get from Exchange under Receiving Options when
defining an EWS account.
Maybe this is an migration artefact(we are migrating all accounts from IBM Domino/Notes to exchange)?
The strange thing is that when we enter the account in Evo we only get one choice and
that is "Default Global Address List", there is no "GAL Contacts"

By the way, what is your evolution-ews version?

3.13.9

        Bye,
        Milan