Re: [Evolution] EWS Shared Mailboxes

On Mon, 2015-02-23 at 09:45 +0000, Rob Hall (DM) wrote:
In an EWS based account I can add a shared mail box but only seem to
have access to a limited subset of the available folders (Inbox,
Contacts, Calendar, Memos and Tasks). If I edit the text field of
the drop down to the folder I want, rather than the ones in the
dropdown list, and click OK I get "Id is malformed".

        Hi,
you can either use those predefined names, or provide a folder ID. The
ID itself depends on the server and it looks like a base64 encoded
value. You can see it in folder's Permission dialog (in the context
menu of an EWS folder or source (calendar/book/...)).

The idea is that the user whom shares the folder copies the ID from
the Permissions dialog and gives it to you. You then paste it into the
folder name and it will just work.

This is similar to Outlook, which allows to add only the predefined
folder names. The other folders are handled through share invitation
emails (I do not recall precisely how they call those mails), but
evolution-ews currently doesn't understand them, thus there is this
folder ID way of doing the same, even in a slightly less user friendly
way.
        Bye,
        Milan