Re: [Evolution] problem with unread mail syncing

I'm having a slightly strange problem with Evolution 3.12.7 on
Xubuntu. After I've read mail, and its status shifts from read to
unread (bolding goes away etc), after a while mail goes back to being
unread. I think sometimes deleted mail also comes back from being
deleted.

Do you think that's a problem with Evolution or the server? Is this
some weird settings configuration do you think? I've used Thunderbird
with the same settings and I haven't had this problem.

I am presuming this is IMAP - you don't actually say.

Almost certainly it's something on the server end. Either it's not
accepting the changes when Evo syncs to it or another client is
over-writing the changes after they've been sync'd.

First, make sure you aren't connecting to the server with any other
client at the same time.

Next, you will need to run Evo from the command line - if you enable
IMAP debugging then you should be able to see when Evo syncs the changes
to the server and if there are any errors produced at that point.

Just out of interest, do you know what the server software is?

P.