Re: [Evolution] Evolution update and minor issues

On Thu, 2015-02-12 at 12:54 +0530, SanthanaKrishnan wrote:
2.My mail backup is 12 GB. Regular backups take a lot of time. How do
split it from a particular date, retaining the folder structure.

Evolution does not have a built-in system for partial or incremental
backups. The File->Backup function is designed mainly for preserving
data when changing versions (though it's not restricted to that). It
makes a full backup of everything and that's it.

If you want something more flexible, you either have to design your own
way of backing up Evo's data, or use a proper backup app on your home
directory or system. Examples are rsnapshot, rdiff, amanda, etc. etc.
Which one you use is up to you and its effectiveness will depend on what
kind of mail accounts you have. For example I use mostly IMAP accounts
so I don't backup my mail at all; I leave that to the server admins. I
backup my home directory with rsnapshot and that catches Evo's indexes,
config information etc.

poc