Re: [Evolution] Ordering in the Show pop-up menu

On Wed, 2015-12-16 at 21:03 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Wed, 2015-12-16 at 15:18 -0500, George Reeke wrote:
On Wed, 2015-12-16 at 17:22 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
(This is something I've been meaning to bring up for a long time
but
never got round to.)

The various items in the pop-up menu accessed from the Show button
on
the Message pane seem to me to be in a rather arbitrary order:

I don't know about current versions, but in the 2.32 that I have
with RedHat 6, you can edit the menus to your heart's content in
/usr/share/evolution/<version>/ui and I found that without any
real knowledge of whatever language it is these are written in,
it is pretty easy to reorder or rename menu items.

No doubt, but also no doubt that changes will be overwritten on the
next update. This needs to be a per-user preference.

poc

I agree, and if I remember right I requested this enhancement
some years ago, but until it gets done, this is a usable workaround.
   GNR