Re: [Evolution] Displaying TIFF images

On Tue, 2015-12-01 at 11:57 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
I've searched bugzilla for possibilities, but all the TIFF related
things are either very old or resolved. (But there again, I don't
seem to be very good at searching for relevant bug reports!)

        Hi,
since the move to WebKitGTK+ for mail preview the image attachment
showing (inline) is done purely by WebKitGTK+. How they do that I do
not know. Maybe they abandon TIFF views, because they can be multipage.

I can "View Inline" the TIFF attachment in the attachment button, but
the WebKitGTK+ shows a "missing image" icon instead of the first page
of it. Thus it can be some issue in the attachment encoding for it on
the Evolution side. I attached a PNG file and a TIFF file to one
message and I see that the PNG file is encoded as "image/png", while
the TIFF is encoded as "application/vnd.evolution.attachment". That can
explain it (it's evolution issue).
        Bye,
        Milan