[Evolution] Ways to reduce IMAP caching?

Dear all,

Having just changed my default e-mail infrastructure from POP to a
single machine, to IMAP shared between multiple computers and
smartphones, I noticed Evolution is keeping a large local cache file.
INBOX/cur/ amounts to 5.2 GB, about as much as all the e-mail stored via
POP previously.

So I can only assume Evolution is keeping the full information of the
emails around, rather than just the headers.
In my configuration I've set to 'check for new mail' in 'all folders'
and 'subscribed folders'. The option to apply filters to new messages is
active, although no filters are set, as I was aiming for a single Inbox
combined with a couple of Search Folders.

Assuming that Evolution is caching the full messages, is there a way to
have Evolution just caching headers? Subject, Date, From, and To would
suffice my use-case. If there are other ways to minimize disk usage by
Evolution I'd be glad to hear that also.

Finally, thanks for bring about such a great mail-client.

Kind regards,
Nico Rikken