Re: [Evolution] OOps!! Help!

Maybe I did find out a workaround.
Command should have been 'sudo apt-get purge nvidia*'
That has seemed to be the blessing.  Evolution started right up again
after running the above command.

Blessings to all,

Don

On Thu, 2014-10-16 at 16:17 -0400, Donald Sowers wrote:
I sent this to Matthew Barnes but I then realized I should have sent it
here.  Sorry, Matthew.

Greetings,

I just did a upgrade on my Solydx and one of the things we were needing
to do was do some post upgrade commands in the terminal. Going too
quickly, I did a "sudo apt-get install  --reinstall nvidia-kernel-dkms"
.   What was I thinking?  I don't have nvidia, that was on a previous
computer.   I have done a "apt-get autoremove" and that took out the
nvidia but still get the same response when I try to start evolution
from the terminal this comes up:

** (evolution:2942): WARNING **: Couldn't register with accessibility
bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote
application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy
blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection
was broken.
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
libEGL warning: GLX/DRI2 is not supported

(evolution:2942): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_strsplit: assertion 'string !=
NULL' failed
The OpenGL version could not be determined

What can I do to fix my mess?

Don