Re: [Evolution] Evolution no longer connects with iCloud IMAP mail

Upgraded to 3.13.5 and can now connect with iCloud.

Thx everyone for the assistance!

-k

On Wed, 2014-10-15 at 12:42 -0400, Matthew Barnes wrote:
On Wed, 2014-10-15 at 08:37 -0700, Bryan Mason wrote:
 I just started having the same problem with FastMail, IMAP, and
 Evolution.  FastMail disabled SSLv3 because of the POODLE
 vulnerability[1][2].  I know that the problem is due to the
disabling
 of SSLv3 because FastMail maintains an "insecure" host that still
 supports SSLv3, and if I reconfigure Evolution to use that host,
 things start working again.

Evolution 3.10 makes wrong NSS flag choices when using IMAP-over-SSL
on
port 993 versus the STARTTLS capability on port 143.

Use the latter method (STARTTLS) if it's available, or else upgrade
Evolution 3.12 which gets this stuff right.

Matthew Barnes