Re: [Evolution] Evolution no longer connects with iCloud IMAP mail

On Sat, 11 Oct 2014 12:20:06 -0700, Kevin Taggart wrote:

I am experiencing a recent issue with Evolution and iCloud IMAP
mail, in which I can no longer connect via the current settings
auto-generated by Evolution when setting up my iCloud account.

When I try to connect, I get the following error: "Could not connect
to 'imap.mail.me.com:993': Cannot communicate securely with peer: no
common encryption algorithm(s)."

It is important to note that this is a recent problem, starting only
last week. Prior to that, I was able to connect just fine using the
same settings.

I just started having the same problem with FastMail, IMAP, and
Evolution.  FastMail disabled SSLv3 because of the POODLE
vulnerability[1][2].  I know that the problem is due to the disabling
of SSLv3 because FastMail maintains an "insecure" host that still
supports SSLv3, and if I reconfigure Evolution to use that host,
things start working again.

Could Apple also have disabled SSLv3 on iCloud?

If this is the case, How do we tell Evolution to use something newer?

~ Bryan

[1]http://blog.fastmail.fm/2014/10/15/ssl-3-0-disabled-due-to-security-vulnerability/
[2]https://blog.cloudflare.com/sslv3-support-disabled-by-default-due-to-vulnerability/