Re: [Evolution] [ews] Listen for server change notifications vs check for new messages

Hello Robert,

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 2:57 PM, Robert Munteanu <robert munteanu gmail com> wrote:
Hi,

I see that with evolution-ews 3.12.1 I can configure my EWS account to
listen to server change notifications, which is pretty cool. I enabled
that and still see that all my folders are periodically refreshed.

Listen for server change notification and Check for new messages every X minutes are options that can be enabled simultaneously, although doesn't make sense to. :-) So, it's up to you to disable or not the "Check for new messages every X minutes".
Just keep in mind one thing, "Listen for server change notifications" only works for Exchange Servers newer than 2010 SP2. So, if you're connected to an older server, it will not work.

Are there any caveats when doing that? I have server-side filters
enabled so messages typically arrive in any of 50+ folders.

Not that I can remember.

One thing that is not clear from your email is if you have the notifications working for you or not.

Considering it's not working, please, could you start your evolution using:
EWS_DEBUG=2 evolution &> ews_log.txt

Then, please, remove any personal information from the file and send to the list.

Best Regards,
--
Fabiano Fidêncio