[Evolution] In-line TIFF images not being displayed

I think this relates to an item I found through Google - [evolution] Bug
653247 - Don't show TIFF documents inline, dated June 2011
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/commits-list/2011-June/msg10179.html

I have started to receive mail from someone using an Apple device, which
is embedding images as TIFF and these are not being displayed by
Evolution - all I see is a place-holder. Even if the sender imports the
image as JPEG, the Apple is converting it to TIFF - which seems a bit
arbitrary of Apple, but what do I know?

The received message shows a paper-clip indicating it has an attachment,
but no attachments are shown. If I choose 'Edit As New Message', the
image becomes an attachment called 'attachment.dat', but this is not
understood by Gimp.

Is there any plan to enable Evolution to display (at least the first
page of possibly multi-page) TIFF images in-line? If not, how can I save
them and view them in something like Gimp?

Kind regards,
Doug