Re: [Evolution] Problem running evolution under Fedora 20.

On Fri, 2014-03-07 at 22:43 -0600, Leonard Evens wrote:
On Fri, 2014-03-07 at 22:32 -0600, Leonard Evens wrote:
Receiving email  imap 993 SSL encryption old version
            imap+  993  SSL on a dedicated port is closest
Sending email    SMTP  587  TLS encryption old version
            SMTP  587  STARTTLS after connecting seems closest

With these settings when I click on Send/Receive, it no longer gives me
an error message, but it shows a window saying
Public-Math (len imap math northwestern edu)
and below that an Updating window which shows No progress.
Perhaps the problem lies with the server?

        Hi,
I do not think it's server's issue, you have the old evolution running
with it without any problem. Your options above look correctly to me,
their UI names were changed between the two versions, but they are the
same internally.

The window you see might be the Send/Receive window which lists your
configured accounts and the update state of it. The exact account
description could change in the meantime too (between 3.4 and 3.10,
which is 3 years).

I suggest to run evolution with imapx debugging on, to see whether it
does anything or not. You can do that from a terminal with this command:

   $ CAMEL_DEBUG=imapx evolution

You should see some updates there, and based on your previous error you
may even see there a hude list of all folders found on the server. If
you want to start from scratch (let evolution redownload your folder
structure from the server), then delete
   ~/.cache/evolution/mail/<imapx-account-uid>/
folder. If you have configured only one account, then there will be only
one folder.

By the way, were you asked for a password? Maybe evolution is waiting
for it. I do not know what you did after an install of newer
evolution-data-server, but I would make sure that you have both
evolution-data-server and evolution packages up to date and then restart
the machine, to have background processes restarted, from the most
recent package.
        Hope it helps.
        Milan