Re: [Evolution] Embedded image display issue

Hello,
 Following is the setting html tab.

 Show animated images (Selected)
 Prompt on sending HTML mail to contacts that do not want them. (Selected)

Never load images from the internet. (Selected.) .
Load images only in messages from contacts (Not selected).
Alawys load images from internet. (Not selected.)

Now i selected "Alawys load images from internet." I will update the behavior once i get mail with images embedded in them.

Guru
On 20 June 2014 15:58, Milan Crha <mcrha redhat com> wrote:
On Thu, 2014-06-19 at 11:55 +0530, Guruswamy Basavaiah wrote:
> Hello,
> In my evolution mail client, if the image is embedded inside the
> mail, it won't displayed it. Instead I get
> "  <>  "  message. Could you
> please help me to solve this.
> Mail client - Evolution - 3.10.4
        Hi,
it's usually Microsoft Outlook (maybe also their Exchange server
web UI (OWA)) generating this notices into text/plain parts of the
message, thus the message was received with this notice, evolution
didn't add it there on its own.

Evolution can be setup to hide HTML parts by default and show only the
plain text part. This can be found at
   Edit->Preferences->Mail Preferences->HTML Messages tab->Plain Text Mode
If you have set there "Show HTML if present", then your issues is
different. Otherwise it can be that the image is hidden, because you
are reading the plain text part of the message. The checkbox
   [ ] Show suppressed HTML parts as attachments
influences the behaviour described by Thomas. If you have it checked,
then you'll see the HTML part the same way as Thomas described it.

        Bye,
        Milan