Re: [Evolution] [ews] Compose window stays open at 'Sending message...', but the message is sent and stored

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 12:12 PM, Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> wrote:
On Wed, 2014-06-18 at 10:25 +0300, Robert Munteanu wrote:
Using evolution{,-ews} 3.12.2 on openSUSE 13.1 .I noticed that when I
write an email and send it the compose window stays open for quite
some time ( minutes ) . It has the "Sending message' bar with the
cancel button and indicates that it's doing something via the progress
icon.

However, the emails are saved in the sent folder ( in my case the
folder of the message that I reply to ) and the recipient receives
them. I even get responses, but I the compose window does not close.

I've seen this many times with GMail IMAP whenever Evolution could not
reach the IMAP server to store the message in the Sent folder. After
minutes, Evolution saves it in the local Sent folder, as a fallback.

Not sure if that's the case. I think that operations are somehow
queued, and the window is closed only after all sync operations are
complete.

This problem seems to occur mostly after evo is started, and not after
it's been running for a while and all folders have been refreshed.

Robert

andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net