Re: [Evolution] Evolution stopped showing reminders before start of appointment.

Am Donnerstag, den 17.07.2014, 20:18 +0000 schrieb Juan R. de Silva:
On Mon, 30 Jun 2014 21:45:18 +0000, Juan R. de Silva wrote:

I used to set a custom reminder on my appointments to pop up an alert 2
days before start of appointment and to be repeated 6 extra times every
8 hours. It worked for me for last 7 years without a glitch.

About 3-4 months ago this behaviour changed. No one reminder shows up
before appointment as requested. Instead all expected 6 reminders pop up
on the day of the actual appointment as soon as I boot my system,
independently of the time of the appointment.

I experience the same problem under Debian Wheezy (GNOME Classic) -
Evolution 3.4.4, Ubuntu 14.10 (Unity) and Xubuntu 14.10 - Evolution
3.10.4.

I narrowed the problem up to this. The reminders do show up in advance as
required IF in Edit Reminder dialog box "Repeat reminder" IS NOT CHECKED.
As soon I check the box, no matter what values are selected there, the
reminders STOP showing up in advance again.

Should I report a bug? Or it's hopeless - I've heard some bugs are
sitting over there for years.

No, not hopeless, just repeat your test to be sure it's reproducible and
then file a bug report at https://bugzilla.gnome.org/, giving
information about your evolution version, system etc.

--
thomas