[Evolution] Missing mail folders after manual restore

I have been using evolution on Debian Wheezy and have moved to Linux Mint 17. I used the backup and restore function but when I tried the restore, I received an invalid file message. I have a large number of emails to backup and the backup file was 11 Gb in size. I had also made an archive onto an external drive which I then used to replicate the evolution folder structure putting the files back into .local .gnome .gnome2 .config and .cache. I can now start evolution and my mail accounts are there, my address book, my calendar, my virtual folders, my message filters everything except my mail folders. They are physically there under ./local/share/evolution but do not show at all in the program. There is not even an Inbox. Just the Virtual Folders are visible. I have not been able to find anything online to assist and am now stumped.

Evolution version 3.10.4

Linux kernel version 3.13.0-24-generic

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have used Linux for a long time but I am not a programmer so am not deeply into coding.

Thanks in advance.

John