Re: [Evolution] '--file' option?

On Thu, 2014-02-27 at 14:45 +0400, Emre Erenoglu wrote:
On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 3:41 PM, Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> wrote:
        On Mon, 2014-02-24 at 11:07 +0100, Leon Zawodowiec wrote:
        > Is it possible to open email files (.eml) from command line
        with
        > Evolution, the same like a new email? The problem occurs
        when recoll
        > returns a search result (which is a file in a filesystem)
        and
        > Evolution doesn't support anything like '--file' to open it
        like
        > regular message.
        >
        > Is it possible to do it in current release or take into
        account in
        > future releases of Evolution?

        "xdg-open ~/whatever.eml" allows you to import emails into
        Evolution.
        Emails are normally attached to an email account and Evolution
        is meant
        to manage such email accounts, hence it offers you importing
        "outside"
        emails via the Import UI.
        I don't see a large usecase for your example but patches are
        welcome.

This is a very common scenario in corporate use, many people save
important email messages (ie a proposal from a subcontractor that you
used in your own offer, etc.)  for future reference on a certain
project folder, rather than keeping them in an archive.

...and that's why Evolution supports importing emails. :)

So yes, it would be very good if Evo could do it.

Evolution can import emails, via its UI.

andre

--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/