Re: [Evolution] Mageia KDE and Evolution

On Mon, 2014-02-24 at 16:30 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:

Using KDE, in previous versions of Evo I would frequently get two
popups asking for the password (although they both looked like GTK
dialogues). Currently (3.10.4) I just get one. Apparently in Gnome you
don't get any as long as your keyring password matches your login
password. Or something.

I believe it's done through PAM - i.e. the keyring can be unlocked as
part of the login process. (But it's not compulsory - you can configure
it to request the keyring password separately.)

Sounds plausible, however the auto-unlock only works in Gnome. I've
resigned myself to having to enter the keyring password once per session
as the price for using KDE as my desktop.

poc