Re: [Evolution] Mageia KDE and Evolution

On Mon, 2014-02-24 at 11:51 +0100, Roy Reese wrote:
2) Although gnome keyring programs are installed:
      gnome-keyring
      lib64gnome-keyring-gir1.0
      lib64gnome-keyring0

I don't think you need gnome-keyring.  KDE uses KWallet, doesn't it?

Evolution just speaks to the "org.freedesktop.secrets" D-Bus interface,
and both gnome-keyring and KWallet export that interface [1].  I don't
know what happens when they're both installed and compete for the name.

Regarding an earlier query, from what I have seen the following
warning is simply that and not a fatal error. It wll presumably appear
when running a gnome application in a DE other than Gnome:

(evolution:5868): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to register client:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
org.gnome.SessionManager was not provided by any .service files

That comes from GTK+ itself.  It's irritating enough that it hard-codes
a GNOME-specific service name, but then also spews that.  Nothing I can
do about it, but it's harmless and safe to ignore.

Matthew Barnes

[1] http://standards.freedesktop.org/secret-service/