Re: [Evolution] Calendar-EWS generates zombies [evolution] <defunct>

Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/65-khmer.conf", line 14: out of
memory
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/65-khmer.conf", line 23: out of
memory
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/65-khmer.conf", line 32: out of
memory

Are you really running out of memory?  If so, then that will cause you
lots of problems.  That may be why you are getting zombies.

Hardly. It is a machine with 8 GB. I think I have seen the message for
other software two and it was never a problem in practice. I think EVO
always showed this, but it worked fine earlier.

< HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
< Soup-Debug-Timestamp: 1392805687
< Soup-Debug: ESoapMessage 1 (0x7fc097021dd0)
< Set-Cookie: mail.liu.se=R408630383; path=/
< Server: Microsoft-IIS/7.5
< Set-Cookie: exchangecookie=...; expires=Thu, 19-Feb-2015 10:28:07 GMT;
path=/; HttpOnly
< WWW-Authenticate: ...
< WWW-Authenticate: Negotiate
< Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 10:28:06 GMT

I don't think the 401 is a good sign ...

It is the only 401. But I have no idea what the problem is here.

The cache is stored in ~/.cache/evolution/calendars - you could try
shutting down Evolution (and all the backend processes), and rename
that
folder - Evolution should recreate it all when you restart.
How do I shut-down the backend processes? I google it, but could only
find
people wanting to remove EVO altogether. 'service' does not show
evolution
backends.

Service only shows system things, not user land things.

After you shutdown Evolution (do 'evolution --force-shutdown' if
necessary) you need to do

 ps -ef | grep evolution

to see any background Evolution processes that are still running (the
gnome calendar gets info from Evo and the alarm notify daemon is left
running).  Kill the processes using the 'kill' command.

I tried, but the processes are relaunched all the time. I tried to move
the cache, but the destination was removed automatically and now EVO
crashes completely as soon as I switch to the calendar view. I will try
once more as instructed below. If also that fails, I will try on a
different account.

Thanks

Michael

If you really want to be sure, reboot your system, but don't login.
Switch to a console (Ctl-Alt-F2) and login there.  Make sure nothing Evo
related is running and then rename the cache folder.  Logout of the
console, switch back to the GUI (Alt-F1) and go from there.

P.