[Evolution] Use of certificates from LDAP to encrypt messages using S/MIME

Hi,

I've been trying to look if retrieving and using smime certificates store in
LDAP directories (or GAL/Exchange) is possible using Evolution, or it is some
feature for future releases.

Everything I have found so far is some old mails from 2004. I have tried all
sort of combinations (Evolution EWS, Evolution+Davmail, Mozilla+Davmail,
Kontact+Kleopatra+Davmail), but I am stuck. I don't know what else to try.

My server is Exchange 2010, and my main requirement is to encrypt messages
using smime certificates from LDAPs/GAL. No chance to import locally all the
certificates (thousands ...)

Is this / Will it be possible with Evolution?

Thanks in advance,

J.