Re: [Evolution] Problems downloading an e-mail and crashes.

On Wed, 2014-02-12 at 10:00 -0600, Christian Dysthe wrote:
Over the last couple of days Evolution 3.8.4 has been crashing every 10
minutes or so and I get this message when I open Evo:

Cannot get message with message ID 900: No such message available.

Also there has been one message I have kept getting over and over as
new, but I have only kept deleting it. All my accounts are IMAP.

I do not know whether the three issues are related, but if I could find
out what to do about the missing message error message it may solve the
crashes also. How can I find out which message it is and fix it?

        Hi,
I would be afraid that this is the other way around, the crash could
break something in local summary, which caused the message ID mismatch,
and then eventually message's unavailability. The local message summary
can be found at:
  ~/.cache/evolution/mail/<account-uid>/
You might see multiple folders there, one for each of your IMAP
accounts. I would try to close evolution, move the cached subfolders
folders away, and then start evolution and let it reload message
information from the server as fresh.

With respect of the crashes, did you file any bug report with a
backtrace of the crash, please? That will help to identify what was
going wrong and whether it is already fixed in more recent version of
evolution. Your 3.8.4 is not that old, though it can be better, like
3.8.5 was released too.
        Bye,
        Milan