Re: [Evolution] Evolution pinging IMAP gmail

On Sat, 2014-02-08 at 12:51 +0100, Ambrogio De Lorenzo wrote:
Evo still ping to the server and sometimes it hangs for minutes.
I can't understand why, but that stop a lot of other activities (even
the retrieve of messages from a local imap server).

Not sure if this is relevant to your issue, but I rewrote the IMAP
"pinging" or keep-alive behavior for 3.12.

In 3.10 and all previous versions I've used, for some historical reason
lost to the ages, Evolution itself pinged the server based on a simple
timeout with no regard for other IMAP commands.

In 3.12, the IMAP backend itself will keep the connection alive either
by issuing a NOOP command or restarting an ongoing IDLE command, but
only does so X minutes after the most recent command issued.

So you won't see "Pinging blah server" operations interfering with
reading messages or whatever else you're doing anymore.

Matthew Barnes