Re: [Evolution] threaded views

On Mon, 2014-02-10 at 11:51 +0100, Milan Crha wrote:
On Fri, 2014-02-07 at 12:48 -0500, Jeremy Mordkoff wrote:
When a threaded conversation is collapsed and I select the conversation,
I see the first message from the conversation in the preview panel. The
doc seems to imply that I should see the newest email, which is what I
want. Is there a setting for this?

      Hi,
I'm not aware of any such option. I think the documentation wanted to
say that the thread itself is sorted by the latest message in it, which
is different than selection of a message in the message list, with or
without collapsed thread.
      Bye,
      Milan

Thanks Milan,

What do other users think of this? If a threaded conversation is
collapsed and selected, which message should be displayed? I propose
that it should match the conversation sorting order ... if the
conversations are sorted with the most recent conversation first, then
the most recent message within the conversation should be shown. In all
other cases, the current functionality (show the oldest messages) would
remain.

To the developers....is this a reasonable task for an experienced
programmer that knows nothing about evolution?