Re: [Evolution] evolution-ews don't compile due to camel_store_noop_sync

On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 11:49 AM, Milan Crha [via Gnome Evolution - General] <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Fri, 2014-01-31 at 20:54 +0400, Emre Erenoglu wrote:

> I'm trying to build master using jhbuild, but I'm hitting the below:

        Hi,
usual problem with jhbuild is that it doesn't cleanup the $PREFIX on
such changes, thus it let's you compile dependencies against old
versions in $PREFIX. Just cleanup your $PREFIX and build from scratch,
there is nothing wrong with the commit, as long as you use up-to-date
evolution and other dependencies of the changed package
(evolution-data-server in this case).

Hi Milan, now I tried to re-build again.

1) It got stuck at webkit at/after line CXX libANGLE.la , I broke the build and re-started it, it worked this time. Hope no issues due to this.

2) Then I got an error at assembly instructions (still webkit), I could not copy the exact error, but I search some websites earlier and it seems this happens only on 32bit builds. I managed to workaround this issue by replacing all ": "q"(newValue)" lines in WTF/wtf/Atomic.h with ": "r"(newValue)", so replace "r" by "q".

I think it's time to move to 64 bit system. I'll do with Ubuntu 14.04.

3) Then I got stuck on libNDP dependency for NetworkManager. It does not exist in Ubuntu. I had to compile and install from source .

4) And finally hit the same issue where I stopped.

  CC       libemail_engine_la-mail-vfolder.lo
mail-folder-cache.c: In function 'ping_store_exec':
mail-folder-cache.c:1275:3: error: implicit declaration of function 'camel_store_noop_sync' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
   camel_store_noop_sync (m->store, cancellable, error);
   ^
mail-folder-cache.c:1275:3: warning: nested extern declaration of 'camel_store_noop_sync' [-Wnested-externs]
cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
make[3]: *** [libemail_engine_la-mail-folder-cache.lo] Error 1

This build was started with a fully cleaned up /opt/gnome and ~/checkout directories, so I don't know where is the issue.

By the way, I'm not sure why you mention evolution-ews in the subject,
Mistake on my side, I was building evolution-ews but I did not recognize it was pulling evolution as a dependency and the actual breakage is in evolution indeed.

Br,
Emre

Sent from the Gnome Evolution - General mailing list archive at Nabble.com.