Re: [Evolution] evolution 3.10.3 unable to retrieve a message from zimbra imap, thunderbird has no problems.

How
does the debug log differ between attempts on the same message before
and after intervention by Thunderbird?

how would it help?

Something changes, it would be informative to know in what way.

Have you tried looking on the Zimbra forums?

All works with thunderbird. I can't really see a point of bothering
other forums.

Because it's something that someone on there might have come across
before.  Because it might actually be a bug in Zimbra - it's very odd
behaviour *for a server* to change how it responds after a different
client has connected.  Because if someone on there, especially the
developers, can point at the info and say "that's what Evolution is
doing wrong", then it would help Evolution be fixed.  Because there's a
lot of config variables in Zimbra that affects how it responds,
especially to large messages, and tweaking something might fix your
problem.

Integration with GNOME and mail forward as redirect are
two of the convenient features that keep me locked in.

  https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/mailredirect/

There is never any need to be locked in to ANY software.  If you don't
like Evolution or it's not working properly for you, use something else.
It's one of the advantages of using OpenSource world.

P.