Re: [Evolution] [sqlite] Bus error with Evolution 3.12.9 and SQLite 3.8.7.4

Am Dienstag, den 30.12.2014, 08:21 -0500 schrieb Richard Hipp:
On Mon, Dec 29, 2014 at 10:37 AM, László Böszörményi (GCS) wrote:

it’s not obvious that these might cause such a regression.

I'm the maintainer of SQLite3 in Debian and can't reproduce it on
AMD64. Even if I've a local mailbox, normal IMAP4 ones and some from
GMail. OK, other than the updated SQLite3 library I run on a clean
Jessie.

Our latest theory is that the problem only arises when /var/tmp runs out of
space.

That seems to be a reasonable theory. Looking at `~/.bash_history` I
indeed cleaned up `/var/crash/1300`, where my core dump files are stored
by corekeeper [1], and only downgraded to SQLite 3.8.7.1 afterward.

Upgrading to SQLite 3.8.7.4 again I am unable to reproduce the crash
with 2 GB free space on the partition `/var`.

I’ll rebuild SQLite now with the fix applied [2] and try to reproduce
the issue by filling up `/var` intentionally.

Thank you for the awesome support so far!

Thanks,

Paul

[1] https://packages.debian.org/corekeeper
[2] https://www.sqlite.org/src/info/776648412c30dce206f1024ff849c2cb025bb006