Re: [Evolution] Search Folders doesn't work

On Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Wed, 2014-06-25 at 15:16 +0000, Emilio Recio wrote:
It should return all emails containing the letter "a". It does not...
this is a bug, no?

It looks like you're creating a rule but not applying it. Filter rules
are applied only on new messages, or when you explicitly invoke them
using Message->Apply Filters (Ctrl-Y).

If you want to simply search without creating a rule, use the Search box
at the top of the message list.

poc

What he does *should* work (and it works for me with a local account).
Thanks for your detailed steps, Emilio. Although you should have
mentioned what happened. I will assume that you got an empty search
result.

I suspect the problem is at Exchange side. I think that evolution will
just ask Exchange for messages with a in the body and that your Exchange
is returning no answers. Most indexing engines have a minimum search
length (eg. index only words of three letters or more) in order not to
fill their index with lots of uninteresting stuff.
Exchange is likely to have that, too. (Maybe there's also a
configuration option to change that value) Does your search work if you
use a longer word? (eg. evolution)

Regards