Re: [Evolution] Can't send mail over an OpenVPN connection with Evolution.

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 6:49 PM, Christian Dysthe <cdysthe gmail com> wrote:

Hi,

I'm running Evolution 3.10.4 on Ubuntu GNOME 14.04. I am not able to
send mail over an OpenVPN connection with one of my IMAP accounts, but
can send from others (this mail is sent with Gmail while on the VPN).
I get the following error message after a while when trying to send
from this particular account:

"Cound not connect to "mail.XXXXXX.com:587: I/O operation timed out".

I can send with this account when not on the VPN. What could the problem
be?

When you are on the vpn, can you try to a traceroute to that address? For example, It may be that this server is in your internal network and when you connect to VPN, all connections are routed through the VPN but since this network is internal, you can't reach the server, etc. etc.
--
Emre