Re: [Evolution] Minor annoyance with views

On Fri, 2014-04-18 at 20:21 -0600, Bart wrote:
Using 3.10.2 on openSUSE 13.1 and KDE desktop.

When I start evolution, it opens with the main window the size it was
when I last closed it.  I seem to be able to change any sizes of any of
the panes and have them remain during the next start, except the preview
pane, which is always way down at the bottom of the window, too small to
actually see anything.  I have to grab the handle and move it up each
time I start evolution.  I've tried saving the view as a custom view but
still no difference.

Am I missing something?

        Hi,
I found similar bug reports in GNOME's bugzilla against Evolution, but
all of them were quite old, like from 2.32.x or 3.2.x times.

As a guess, would it be that you keep evolution maximized? Does anything
change, if you unmaximize it and enlarge it by dragging the window
border instead? I recall some changes along that, where restoring size
of a maximized window could have similar side-effects. I do not recall
when exactly landed a fix for that, unfortunately.
        Bye,
        Milan