[Evolution] slow image loading

Hi,

I have just moved from Evo 3.2.3 (I think) on Ubuntu 12.04 to Evo 3.10.4 on Ubuntu 14.04. Evo 3.2.3 used to take ages to load images in html emails, slowly downloading one at a time. I believe this was a known problem and one of the main reasons I changed to 14.04 so quickly was to be able to upgrade Evo to escape this annoying problem.

The behaviour in 3.10.4 is in some ways better and in some ways worse however. Most emails with images just load immediately now. But not those from TradeMe (our eBay). I get emailed the results of automatic searches for CDs. These emails can have 50 results, each with an image of the CD cover. Those images in most cases take even longer to load than they used to.

When I click on one of these emails, several small messages typically appear along the bottom of my Evo window. The full text is not displayed, but the first one appears to say "Saving user interface" and all the rest appear to say "Unknown background operation". They will eventually resolve and the images appear one by one or in small groups. If I click on another email while this is going on, it will not display until all the loose ends from the previous one are sorted.

I'd appreciate any advice as to whether there is something I can do to fix this.

Thanks,
Ken