Re: [Evolution] Evo/Linux-Friendly ISP

Hi there,

On Tue, 15 Apr 2014, Marc Hurst wrote:

Can anyone recommend an ISP in the United States that is Linux friendly?

My current ISP recently updated their servers; and now they do not
communicate with Evolution on my Debian Linux machines. They are
unwilling and/or unable to test their server against a Linux client.

Any recommendations?

Because the communications services (SMTP, POP, IMAP, ...) which your
mail client uses are Operating System (OS) independent, your mail
client and your ISP's mail server do not know and do not care on what
OS the mail client runs.

Your ISP would need to be running e.g. passive OS fingerprinting (p0f)
to know what OS you're using.  Since your ISP is clearly incompetent,
which means that it is very unlikely that they will be doing that, you
could simply tell them that your copy of Evolution is running on a
Windows box.  Then ask them for help.  They'll never know.

--

73,
Ged.