Re: [Evolution] Evolution and S/MIME

On Fri, 2013-09-20 at 10:52 +0300, Wolfgang Jeltsch wrote:
 1. In the settings of my e-mail account under “Security,” I can specify
    a “signing certificate” and an “encryption certificate.” However
    encryption has to be done with the recipient’s certificate. Since
    there is not just a single recipient, it doesn’t seem to make sense
    to just specify a single certificate here. What do I have to enter
    as the encryption certificate?

        Hi,
it's when you encrypt to yourself, the "Always encrypt to myself..."
option, to be able to read the message in your Sent folder, when you
send a message encrypted to Alice.

 2. There is a checkbox “Always encrypt outgoing messages when using
    this account.” Is there also a way to automatically encrypt outgoing
    messages whenever Evolution knows the certificate of the recipient,
    and not encrypt otherwise?

Unfortunately not, evolution doesn't do this. It can preselect the
sing/encrypt S/MIME / GPG when the message you reply to is
encrypted/signed, but it doesn't check certificate database before send,
neither contacts as such (they can have their own certificates stored
too).
        Bye,
        Milan